tea gardens

tea gardens

Monday, July 30, 2007

Remember

There always seems to be an anniversary around.Birthdays,weddings,deaths,aniv of when we met,aniv of how long we worked,aniv of one project or the other.Frankly these anniversaries leave me cold.Whats so special really.Ok so it was a big occasion for that year and that moment but why keep harping about it.Why not look to something new.I for one cannot remember my own birthday (maybe I don't want to accept old age) Will remember wedding aniv or the husband will be very offended.Will remember parents birthdays (they are old and will feel unwanted).So all the dates I remember have some meaning but why would I want to remember when I joined a company x(actually I had better remember,need a raise).
People are always sending these updates on birthday lists.People who don't talk to me or write to me and want to remember my birthday.Give me a break...why on earth would they want to.Of course if they wanted to send me a gift that would be fine and relevant.
So today I am going to cut a cake for yet another anniversary but this is part of a role I need to play so shall pin up a nice smile,put some warmth into my voice and a twinkle in my eye and shall enjoy the performance.

No comments: