tea gardens

tea gardens

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The sixth sense

Visiting people is not something I do very often,keeping in touch even less,but for some reason when I am faced with a family crisis I call people,visit people and find great relief in this activity.I also find that unconsciously I have over the years developed a great faith in this one activity.I find that if I talk about a particular activity or a crisis or even something as mundane as planning a holiday,then the said situation will never happen.Which is why I refuse to plan.Everything till date has been a spur of the moment decision.Ive noticed this happening so often that when I don't want something to happen,I talk about it to the whole world and his uncle.
Its funny that the brain....mind...whatever....works this way.On the one hand rational self tell me this is just a load of rubbish,but the emotive mind says this is true.
The recent crisis with my father had made me turn to my emotive mind.I have been calling up cousins that I talk to once in two years or less,I have been emailing friends and visiting people,all the time talking of my crisis,hoping that it will go away.This feeling is so strong that when i was planning to get married,I didn't even talk to my closest friends about it.When I went around with the husband(then boyfriend) for six years before we got married,no one was the wiser.So worried was I that if I let anyone know then it would all be off.I am convinced that there is a sixth sense,for instance I know who is on the phone as it rings(90% of the time).Like birds I know when disaster will strike but over the years I have shut out my sixth sense.(some parts of it)Its too scary to deal with,it can drive one crazy.
So the mind plays at different levels.Its a choice to shut it out.It can be controlled but if even a little window is opened that free flowing thoughts and experiences can enter.The sixth sense (sometimes we call it superstition) works at a higher level and if we open our minds we all have it in us.The question is ....do we want to know.

No comments: