tea gardens

tea gardens

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Pen vs gabbing

Finally Ive hit a century,no I haven't joined the Indian cricket team nor has anyone been kind enough to bid for me...alas...the point is that this is my 100th post so I ought to feel rather proud of myself.Blogging took a back seat this week.Working from home means discipline and considering I don't have any,I jump from one task to the other getting somethings done.Some order in chaos.
Today I made a discovery,actually I confirmed a truth.In my long years of slogging in a sales job,chances were that a lot of people didn't want to see me because it invariably meant that I made them spend money,but my journalist friends were treated very differently.People courted them,returned calls(in my case the phones would be switched off but we learn to get them)and actually were nice and talkative with them.Wondered how it would feel to be on the other side.So I reinvented myself as a rookie writer(note I don't call myself a journalist).In the short time that I have dealt with real people(as opposed to stories from my head) I have had them call me back,tell me how nice it was talking to me and the whole nine yards.Talk of publicity and everyone is a sucker for it.Its interesting and fun for the moment but contrary to popular belief it does involve a lot of work,it needs careful handling of quotes and such like,oh well guess it all boils down to trial and error but its fun and interesting.

No comments: