tea gardens

tea gardens

Monday, July 07, 2014

Pillar to post

Running from pillar to post isn't my favourite form of working out but I seem to be doing it more often than not. Yesterday and today have been the same story. I always wondered why we don't have systems that work despite the people who run them. Then again we have forms to fill where the information given is in contrast to what actually happens. Take for instance getting a demand draft. I filled a form which gave me options of cash,cheque or bank transfer so I choose cash since I had the money on me and it wasn't a big amount.  I reached the counter and was told that only a cheque was acceptable. When I pointed out that they hade given me an option she shrugged and said well it's not an option anymore. So I had to pay for the bank careless use of options on a form that they had no intention of honouring. Mind you I had to wait on a line for fifteen minutes before I was told about this. The next bank told me that would accept cash but the manager was on leave so I would have to use another branch. Once again the form gave the option of cash. The other branch however told me that cash was not acceptable and to add insult to injury,they would charge me a commission despite having an account with them. I left both banks in total frustration. My point is not that there is anything wrong in accepting a cheque,in face I think they must insist on it to avoid money laundering and corruption but if they give options then they must honour it. If one person in a bank tells me so thing then that should apply to all branches of the same bank. Why or why do we not have systems that work . If I was in America I could have sued both banks but in India I suffered in silence being at the mercy of banks and their shrugging shoulders.

No comments: