tea gardens

tea gardens

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

ball games,husbands and me

Cricket is one game I dislike.Actually I am no great sports person so game playing of any kind is alien territory.Nevertheless its cricket that affects my life.Its the world cup season and suddenly my days are filled with only me.The husband has been lost to cricket.All conversations start with "hey I am hungry,is dinner ready yet?"",switch off the light","hush talk to me after this over."Excuse me I need to talk now.What I have to say is important.Hey this is a question of life and death.No response.For almost close to a month this has been the extent of conversation in our house so the parents are called...."anything important?,we are watching an exciting cricket match".So much for that....turn to friends...no luck there either.
Some things have benefited from my plight.The library has been making a lot of money out of me,my plants are looking a lot healthier(i have been talking to them).Our dining table groans with food.(i have been cooking till I am tired)
Some people have not had it so good...my office for instance.If your top dog then there are thing one can do and get away with like non stop talking about any subject,the poor staff haven't a choice but to listen and nod....hey I like being the boss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah! The cricket season is over and we have our husbands back in our fold... or do we? till the next season starts, i guess...
wives-who-have-lost-their husbands need to unite to assert our rights and issue them a charter of dos and donts during the season...