tea gardens

tea gardens

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

running

I have been running.Actually if that was true in the physical sense it may have done me a world of good,unfortunately I am restless and need to be part of everything that goes on around me.My first project was to take my 86 year old dad for a haircut.For some reason (I suspect it had something to do with style) he turned down my offer to cut his hair.Considering he hardly ever goes out I cannot understand the need to be fashionable now.Well it turns out to be a production.On goes his hat from England that the eldest daughter got for him and which he never fails to wear and his outdoor clothes and we are ready to roll.He hates the fact that I want to hold his hand because I am terrified that he will fall but then that's my dad.

When I have finally got him home its the turn of my mother.She loves her chicken puffs and sundry other snacks and her method of getting them all is to assign responsibilities.So while I get the puffs,my sister will get her tea from the estates,my nephew will get her chocolates.(hes the grandson so cant refuse this forbidden fruit despite knowing that she is diabetic)

That's the story of the parents.The next agenda is to get another nephew into college.Not my responsibility at all but like I said earlier,nosy Parker me cant sit still.Been planting ideas in his head on career plans though I have no clue myself as to what young people do with themselves nowadays.

The last but not the least is my little effort to save the environment so I walk to buy bread and have expanded my balcony garden and now the plant have taken over and there is no place for us to stand and watch the world go by but I hope this saves the planet.After all it takes small steps to get the big picture.

Till I think up the next thing to keep running perhaps I should pour myself a stiff Johnny walker and think about keeping on walking....

1 comment:

3inone said...

Ah,pour out the stiff Johnny Walker and I'll come running!