tea gardens

tea gardens

Monday, October 29, 2007

In limbo

Today I am in that wonderful state of having to do nothing and if that's not enough the weather gods have smiled too so its a beautiful day.In between jobs is a good place to be except for the danger of getting used to it.Not such a bad thing I think,especially if it makes me happy,but for how long says my inner soul.Perhaps there are things to be done yes but for now I am happy to shop garden and cook.
Somehow job hopping is not what I do nor is it something I endorse but the world changed suddenly and so did perceptions.If one was in a job for a long time like I was,it was considered a virtue sometime back.It spelled commitment,loyalty and career mindedness.When the economy changed,the situations changed and job opportunities were a dime a dozen.Suddenly those virtues of yesteryear's were no longer of any value and job hopping became the norm.Along with this change came a certain cynicism.People move faster,get more money and live so called better lives but do they learn anything on the way,are we creating a future that's dominated by Google dependent people who have no passion or imagination.I don't really care anymore,changing the world is no long an option.Letting go is so blissful,it means I just need to work on my terms and throw it all up if the situation doesn't suit me.Everyone thinks being a woman make it easier to chuck up a job.I don't agree,its a mind game,its about being ambitious about ones personal life,its about wanting to do things that one cant do when one is too busy making money that one has no time to spend.
Oh yes its time to check out some plants,buy a birthday gift and catch up for tea with a friend and there one to some rest.The job market can wait.

No comments: