tea gardens

tea gardens

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The year gone by

It's just another day like all other days but for some reason it's different,just because it's the end if one year and the start of another. How can twenty four hours change anything?,but in our minds it does.
For instance why do I feel this sense of unease,why do I pray that the year should be as good as the one I am about to leave,why does it make such a difference. Honestly I don't know.
But before I get to all that's new,I must admit that two thousand and thirteen was one of the best years of my life,not too many close friends of family died ,not too many people I know fell ill,a lot got married,some went on to greener pastures and I did some travelling. I am superstitious about some things so I believe that what I do on the first of jean kind of determine what I do for the rest of the year,so this year I looked forward to travelling and did so on January second and because I started with a holiday. I felt I would do more holidays and I did. A lovely trip to Europe was the highlight,short trips to close by places,visiting friends having family over,all I'm all very many things to be happy about. Having my mother with us another year where her health stay ed stable was another added happiness.
Now as I look to the new year I haven't got too much planned so it makes me anxious. Having nothing to look forward to makes me nervous. I need projects....it's silly but true. I have a vague sense of disquiet but this too shall pass and I list the things to look forward to. I don't as a rule wish people on new year,yet another one of my silly habits,it makes me aware that a new year is around the corner,a year when I will grow older,my mother will too,more worries of old age etc but think of the bright side ...I tell myself,maybe our friends will meet more often,maybe just maybe I will loose weight (now that cheers me up and makes me laugh as it never happens). Overall I am thinking god for all the blessings of this year and hope to see a peaceful one next year and on that note I shall stop

No comments: