tea gardens

tea gardens

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Lessons in the hills

So my grand dreams of life in the hills and the plans I laid out went for a toss. How was one to know that it can turn dark and gloomy and rain all the time and turn bitterly cold. When one can't step out of the house all one can do is read a book which I have done and gone cross eyed with the effort. Then one can eat sleep,read again or like my veteran friend in the hills suggested go for a walk in the rain in a rain coat. I tried that and looked like a dressed chicken on the run. My sister provided me with a yellow raincoat with a hood and while it served the purpose,it turned out I could just see straight ahead so there I was walking up the hill huffing and puffing like a steam engine and numbing into the husband  at the same time thanks to not being able to see.
I am still finding my feet so I get myself a sweater and then find that I need a cap to protect my ears and a scarf to protect my neck and after all that has been arranged there I am bowed down with the weight of so much clothing and feeling rather uncomfortable. To have lived in a city were the better part of the time one is in shorts and t shirts thanks to blistering heat ,one is learning that the weather is unpredictable and must be respected. New lessons everyday and so my rainy day lesson is over. Wonder what tomorrow brings.

No comments: