tea gardens

tea gardens

Tuesday, May 06, 2014

My dream life in the hills

It's four in the evening and there is a silence that for me is unusual. The trees sway in a gentle breeze,fluffy white clouds dot the sky and the silence is broken by an occasional birdsong. Up on a road winding it's way through the hills a car or truck will chug along or a bus carrying people home will come into sight. All around me are green vistas broken only by small plantations. Coming from the city I am forced to lower my voice,everything carries in the wind and even a whisper is amplified. Unfortunately for me I have lived ll my life in the city and am not sure what to do with hours that hang heavy on my hands so I imagine what it will be like to 
I've in this place where I have no friends,don't know the terrains and how I would deal with the silence. Let me see ,I would start the day making breakfast ,then I would tidy the house,make lunch and then work in the garden for atleaat threw hours in the afternoon. Tea time would roll around and then dinner and finally I would curl up in bed with a good book. I think I may vary it a bit so one day will be marketing day,where the weeks shopping would get done and we would have lunch out. Maybe a day for writing letters,I would actually write not email. Find myself a membership in the local library. How would I make friends it's difficult at the best of times but worse when one is as old as I am and in a strange place but I think the husband will take care of that. I have explored how to go up the valley and down the glen so that would take up a bit of time. Most of all I promise to make myself self reliant and grow as many vegetables as I can. I toy with the idea of keeping a few chicken for eggs and a dog to take with me on walks....hmm looks like a plan doesn't it? . The question is how do I make it happen.

No comments: