tea gardens

tea gardens

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Cattle class in mid air

They don't call it cattle class for nothing. It's a cramped crowded aircraft where we are lacked like sardines and it is by no means a budget airline. Welcome aboard etihad airlines. Not quiet fooled by the Nicole Kidman endorsement,we chose this airline simply because it was the cheapest available but didn't quiet bargain for this. As we enter the air conditioning is full on so much so that one is quiet suffocated but it settles down soon enough. We are told to be our bags under the seat simply because there is no cabin space available. So much for security regulations but they did start the flight with a prayer so divine intervention won over mere mortal regulations. Guess I can't argue with that. The entertainment is fine but a convoluted yoga pose may find you more able to manage the entertainment console.,so I am giving it a miss and watching a silent movie.
Now what is it with Indian parents that they can't seem to control their kids or simply don't know the p of parenting. I sit here with a splitting headache thanks to a brat who was screaming fit to die and insisted of kicking the back of my seat with the same intensity as her screams. If a momentary lapse of reason results in a murder most fowl don't blame me. I finally understood why Herod wanted all children below two killed in biblical times. If they were anything like the ones on this flight ,I am changing my opinion of Herod.
We are actually being served food at almost eleven in the night. Shouldn't we be sleeping ?. What's with the misplace hospitality. 
Announcements in rapid fire Arabic is fine by me,the language is pretty musical but the English announcement is in some accent I can't detect.
Mercifully the kid behind me has either been sedated (highly unlikely) or has fallen into a tired sleep. Thank god for respite.
It's well past midnight and dinner is served ,vegetarians getting a half an hour handicap. At midnight I get fish with potato,and beans,rice and a sweet. Now in this cramped space and with the amount of carbs that have been consumed methinks there is no fear of running out of jet fuel. There is enough gas being generated by passengers to take this flight all the way to Berlin and back. What ever were the chefs who dream up this food thinking of. Why not a nice healthy salad and some fruit at the witching hour. My legs have gone to sleep and I refuse to think of deep vein thrombosis at this point. 
Now for all the bitching I've done on this first leg of my journey well it's probably a good thing. I have lowered my expectations to an all time low. Of course if your anything like the husband then the Angels will bless you. There he is in deep slumber and I can hear content little snores from him. He has been sensible and not had his midnight meal and has drunk enough water to drown this aircraft but all said and done here is one happy individual taking care of himself while I write my bitchy piece .....must find lots of positives to write about after all God and man love a merry face and they are still 24 days to go.

No comments: